- What subjects do you tutor?
- Where do you tutor?
- What hours are you available?
- How long is a tutoring session?
- How many sessions does my child need to improve his/her grade?
- Why EES?
- What are your session rates?
- Do you offer tutoring in small groups?
- Do you tutor college/adult students?
- What is your cancellation policy?
- How do you select the tutors on your team?
- Do you work with homeschool families?
- How will I know if the program is working?
- When will I see the results?
- Do you work with advanced learners?
- Do you work with students with diagnosed learning disabilities?
What subjects do you tutor?
- Math: pre-algebra, algebra 1, algebra 2, geometry, trigonometry, pre-calculus, calculus, statistics
- Science: middle school science, biology, chemistry, physics, all AP science classes
- English: grammar, writing, poetry, literature, reading comprehension, including AP classes
- Languages: Spanish, French, Latin, Mandarin
- History: US, European, World
- Learning Skills: organization, time management, study skills
- SAT, SAT II, ACT, GRE, GMAT (all other college entry exams)
- High school and college applications and essay writing
For college-level courses or subjects not listed above, please contact us for more information.
Where do you tutor?
We serve the greater Sacramento area with offices in Roseville/Granite Bay, Folsom and El Dorado Hills.
What hours are you available?
EES can meet schedule requirements 7 days per week.
How long is a tutoring session?
Sessions lengths are based on the specific needs of the student and vary from 1.5 hours to 2 hours long.
How many sessions does my child need to improve his/her grade?
Each student is a unique individual. We will recommend the number of sessions once we have assessed your child’s strengths, areas to be improved and academic goals.
Students and families choose EES because of our high quality staff, professional tutors, their dedication and passion for learning and the quality of our results. We consistently help students improve their performance and develop the skills for long-term academic success.
What are your session rates?
Session rates vary. Please contact EES for your specific needs. Session rates include basic preparation, telephone/email communication with parents and teachers and regular progress updates.
Do you offer tutoring in small groups?
Do you tutor college/adult students?
What is your cancellation policy?
We recognize that sickness or other unexpected family events may arise which make it difficult to attend your scheduled session. We are happy to reschedule tutoring at no additional cost with 48 hours advance notice. However, since it is nearly impossible to fill a tutoring session without advance warning, sessions that are not canceled within 24 hours are billed at the contracted rate. If you need to cancel a session, please contact your tutor.
How do you select the tutors on your team?
We choose to partner with professional and reputable teachers and educators therefore the screening process is rigorous . We require our tutors have strong academic backgrounds, subject mastery, teaching experience and the ability to connect with students, parents and teachers. We conduct multiple rounds of interviews including reference checks and mock tutoring sessions. Candidates who understand and embrace our intensive, result-oriented philosophy coupled with subject proficiency may be invited to join the EES team.
Do you work with homeschool families?
EES offers education, instruction and support to new and experienced homeschool families.
How will I know if the program is working?
EES provides progress reports on a regular basis. EES communicates incremental, measured results through data collection, as well as informal and formal assessments.
When will I see the results?
Every 90 days, EES meets with parents and/or teachers to demonstrate the measured gains though a progress report or formal assessment.
Do you work with advanced learners?
Yes, EES has served many GATE students, advanced homeschool students and high IQ learners. These cases are treated with the same customization as all students at EES.
Do you work with students with diagnosed learning disabilities?
Yes, EES is experienced at writing and implementing a plan of action for each unique learner that will both create change in the way a child learns, as well as motivate that child with a desire to learn. EES also collaborates with specialists in the fields of speech therapy, audiology, and psychology.